Explore the spectacular Tateyama Kurobe Alpine Route and the gorgeous Shosenkyo Gorge!
This Trip Features;
- SNOW CORRIDOR: is a 500m wall of snow created by clearing snow from the road near Murodo. The wall is sometimes higher than 20m and is a popular tourist spot where visitors can walk along and enjoy the snowy white world. Seeing the wall of snow close up and personal is an unbelievably powerful experience. You've got to come here and experience to fully understand the unique sensations felt on this walk.
- MIKURIGAIKE: is a volcanic lake located at an altitude of 2,405m with its surroundings covered in snow until June. Its beautiful deep blue water reflects Mt. Tateyama making it one of the magnificent sights to see. Covering 30,000 square metres and with a circumference of 631m, this is the largest lake in Murodo.
- KUROBE DAM: is Japan's largest arch dam built and completed in 1963. With a height of 186m, it remains the tallest dam in Japan. An observation deck provides a grand view of the great nature of the Northern Alps.
- SHOSENKYO GORGE: is one of Japan's most beautiful gorges. You can take the ropeway up to this gorge and enjoy a 360° spectacular panorama view of the surrrounding mountain scenery including of Mt. Fuji with its characteristic snow capped peak.
- SENGATAKI WATERFALL: is one of the most photogenic and voted as one of the 100 best waterfalls in Japan. The fault of earth crust created this magnificent 31m high waterfall.
- HANAMI WALK: a paved walking trail for about 4 kilometers along the gorge from Sengataki Waterfall to Nagatoro Bridge offering gorgeous view of Shosenkyo gorge, lots of cherry blossom trees, beautiful scenery of the river and the narrow valley. Many interestingly shaped rocks which resemble and are named after animals or items can be seen along this walk.
Join us for this absolutely amazing trip for all ages conquering 3 prefectures on a single weekend!