Tokyo Gaijins Volleyball Club
• Tokyo Gaijins organizes casual volleyball pick-up sessions twice a month at Minato-ku Labor and Welfare Hall and/or at Minato-ku Sports Center, two nice indoor courts in Minato-ku area. There is a total of around 700 members/subscribers on our volleyball mailing list. About 80% of the members are foreigners and 20% are Japanese. There are more female than male players in this club. We play six on six under regular rules. An average of around 18~24 players participate on every sessions. Male/female, all nationalities and levels are welcome! Basically, we are playing for laughs, have some good workout and meet new people.
Come play volleyball with us!
How to join:
• Read the membership, rules and guidelines carefully.
• Fill-up the membership form .
• Join the volleyball mailing list.
• Check upcoming games (may subject to change).
• Receive the "official volleyball session schedule" by email from the organizer.
• Read/follow carefully the instructions on the email.
• Print the venue map.
• Show up on the day.
• Pay the fee to the person in-charge before the game, play and have fun.
Rules and guidelines:
• Kids are strictly prohibited.
• Shoes that you use to walk outside are not allowed. Indoor sneakers only.
• Smoking, eating and drinking alcoholic beverage are prohibited.
• No fighting or use of abusive words towards other players, and unnacceptable behaviours.
• The organizer and the person in-charge of the game reserves the right to cancel or reject your membership at anytime if you violate these guidelines.
• The fee is 1,500yen/session/player and it is collected on the court by the person in-charge before the start of the session.
• We don't charge any membership or cancellation fee but there's a very often case that the session will be overcrowded of players, resulting to limited amount of playing time, and we still charge you the same amount.
• The amount collected goes to pay for the court rent, team registration, non-refundable venue bond of 360,000yen (club money), transportation allowance, services rendered by the organizer, the person in-charge of the game, the person that books the court, twice a week early in the morning, and other miscellaneous expenses.
• Please be aware that we are PROVIDING SERVICE not doing business.
• We know that paying 1,500yen/session is a bit expensive just to play volleyball, but this is the only way we can keep the club running.
Playing time guidelines:
• Maximum of 18 players for a 2~2.45 hours session and 24 players for a 3~3.45 hours session.
• Average time per pickup set is around 12 to 15 minutes.
• We play up to 15 points (or 20 points) depending on the no. of players waiting.
• Everyone play the same amount of time (in theory).
• The person in-charge of the session is totally in control of the substitution of players.
• "King of the court" rule doesn't apply. However, winning team are always prioritized on every substitution.
|May 18||Sat||9:30am~11:30||Minato-ku Sports Center|
|May 25||Sat||9:15am~11:45||Minato-ku Labor and Welfare Hall|
|Jun 2||Sun||1:15pm~4:45||Minato-ku Labor and Welfare Hall|
|Jul 6||Sat||5:45pm~9:15||Minato-ku Labor and Welfare Hall|
|Jul 28||Sun||1:15pm~4:45||Minato-ku Labor and Welfare Hall|
|Aug 25||Sun||1:15pm~4:45||Minato-ku Labor and Welfare Hall|
|Sep 14||Sat||5:45pm~9:15||Minato-ku Labor and Welfare Hall|
|Sep 21||Sat||1:15pm~4:45||Minato-ku Labor and Welfare Hall|
|Sep 28||Sat||5:45pm~9:15||Minato-ku Labor and Welfare Hall|
|Oct 5||Sat||5:45pm~9:15||Minato-ku Labor and Welfare Hall|
|Oct 12||Sat||1:15pm~4:45||Minato-ku Labor and Welfare Hall|
• Take note that these schedules may change so please subscribe to the volleyball mailing list to get the official schedule by email, to be sent by the organizer.