Tours appeared in Tokyo Gaijins (hereinafter referrred to as TG) website and brochures are organized and operated by Tokyo Gaijins ltd., unless otherwised stated. The content and conditions of the contract shall conform to those specified for each tour itinerary, conditions as specified hereunder, the final itinerary handed to clients before departure (hereinafter referred to as the "Final Details"), and Agent-Prganized Tours as descriebd in TG general terms and confitions as based on the Travel Agency Law (hereinafter referred to as "General Terms and Conditions of Agent-Organized Tours").
1. Tour conditions of Agent-Organized Domestic Tours
2. Application for Agent-Organized Tour and Completion of Contracts
- We accept travel reservations via internet only.
- A participant aged under 15 years old shall be accompanied by guardian. In the event that the participant aged 15 to 20 , he/she needs to submit a written consent form from his/her guardian.
- TG reserves the right to refuse an application from a participant who doesn not meet the qualifications to the tours.
- Particiaptns who require special attention need to advise TG when applying for a tour. TG shall comply with such requests to the extent deemed feasible and reasonable. THe expense related with the request shall be covered by the client.
- If TG determines that the participant needs medical treatment by a physician owing to illness, injury or other reasons during the tour, TG shall take measures necessary to ensure smooth operation of the tour. All costs resulting from such measures shall be covered by the participant.
- TG reserves the right to refuse participant for the tour operational reasons., for example if he or she causes inconvenience or intereferes other participants activities.
- A tour contract shall be concluded after we receive a reservation and payment of the tour fee in full amount.
- The Final Details will be sent to participants 2 days before the tour.
3. Included in the Tour Price
Note that the items included in the tour fee are only those as specified in the itinerary. Transportation, accommodation, meals, admission, tour guide, gratuity, tax and other items listed in the trip details are not refundable when a participant chooses not to use the service.
4. Not included in the Tour Price
Note that the items which are not included in the tour fee are specified in the itinerary.
5. Amendment of Contents of Tour Contract and Tour Price
We may amend the tour contracts in the event of a natural calamity or disaster, poor weather conditions, war, civil unrest, suspension of services related to transportation, accommodations, etc. rendered by transportation/accommodation facilities, governmental orders, offering unexpected transportation service and other facts that is beyond our control. Due to the amendment, we may revise the tour price with a minimum 15 days advance notice to participants.
6. Amendment of Tour Participants
A participant may transfer the status in the contract to the third party with our consent. In this case, the participant shall pay the handling fee for the amendment.
7. Amendment of Tour Participants
- A participant may cancel the travel contract by paying the following cancellation charges.
- In any of the following cases, a participant may terminate the tour contract without paying a cancellation charge prior to the departure date of the tour. In this case, we will start the procedure of reimbursement of the full amount of the tour price paid within 7 days counting from the next day of cancellation day.
21-30 DAYS BEFORE - 10%
11-20 DAYS BEFORE - 20%
3-10 DAYS BEFORE - 30%
2 DAYS BEFORE - 40%
ONE DAY BEFORE - 50%
ON THE DAY - 100%
- When the contents of the travel contracts have been amended in the event of a natural calamity or disaster, poor weather conditions, war, civil unrest, suspension of services related to transportation, accommodations, etc. rendered by transportation/accommodation facilities, governmental orders, offering unexpected transportation service and other facts that is beyond our control.
- When the tour price is increased based on the provisions of Article 5.
- When we have not delivered the Final Details and documents to a participant by one day prior to the departure.
- When the tour operation described in the initial itinerary becomes impossible owing to the facts for which we are liable.
8. Cancellation and Refund before Departure by Tokyo Gaijins
- When a participant has not paid the tour fare by the prescribed date, we may terminate the travel contract.
- The number of participants fails to meet the minimum, we may cancel the tour operation. In this case, we will notify a participant of the tour cancellation 14 days (4 days for day trips) prior to the departure date and refund the full amount of tour price paid and terminate the contract.
9. Cancellation of The Tour Contract and Refund After Departure
- Cancellation by a participant and its refund.
- When a participant leaves the tour group for the personal reasons, we will consider that the participant waives the contracted rights and no money will be refunded.
- When a participant can not receive the travel services described in the Final Details not owing to the participant responsibility, the participant may terminate the part of the contract and receive refund for that part's cost.
- Cancellation and refund by Tokyo Gaijins.
We may terminate travel contract in any of the following cases. In such cases, we will start the procedure of reimbursement of the services that are not provided within 30 days counting from the next day of the termination of the tour.
- When a participant is unable to continue the tour owing to illness or other reasons.
- When a participant disobeys the instructions of our tour conductor or other staff for safe and smooth tour operation or cause trouble to other participants by assaulting or threatening them, corrupts discipline of group tour and interfere with safe and smooth tour operation of the collective activities.
- When a tour operation is suspended due to natural disaster, war, civil unrest, suspension of the services related to transportaion/accommodation facilities, etc., governmental orders, or other circumstances that is beyond our control.
10. Responsibilities of Tokyo Gaijins
- In executing a travel contract, should we or arranging agents cause damage to a participant intentionally or negligently, we shall be liable for the damages. However, this applies only if the participant notifies us of the cases within 2 years counting from the next day of the damage occurrence.
- We shall compensate for damaged baggage up to a maximum of 150,000JPY per person only if a participant notifies us of the cases within 14 days counting from the next day of the occurrence. (except the damages caused intentionally or serious negligence).
- TG shall not be liable for damages incurred by the participant due to such reasons as natural disaster, war, disturbances, accident, fire, acts of government, and alteration or cancellation of tour itinerary due to such causes, accidents occurring during clients' free time, food poisoning, teft, delays, stoppages, alteration of scheudle and route in relation to trasnportation facilities, congestion of traffic, and any cause beyond thr control of TG and/or agents in charge of tour arrangements.
11. Responsibilities of a Participant
We shall require a participant to compensate for the damage due to a participant's intention or negligence. A participant shall be required to make every effort to understand the rights, duties and other contents of the tour contract described in the contract documents by utilizing information provided from us. If a participant recognizes that the travel services described in the contract documents differ from those on the documents after departure date of the tour, a participant shall be required to notify us or arrangement agents of the facts promptly.
12. Special Compensation
Regardless of our responsibilities, under the special indemnification regulations stipulated in our Travel Contract, we shall pay compensation or provide condolence money to a participant for certain damages of the life or body incurred due to coincidental or unexpected accident during the agent-organized tour.
12. Special Compensation
- In case of major amendments of the contract contents described in the following "amendments required to pay amendment compensation", we will start the procedure of reimbursement of the amendment compensation by multiplying tour prices by the rate described in the right column of the table within 30 days counting from the next day of the termination of the tour. However, we exclude the following amendments even when services of transportation and accommodation facilities are provided , except in case of overbooking.
- Amendments owing to the following reasons. (a) Bad weather and natural disasters which hinder the tour itinerary (b) War (c) Civil unrest (d) Governmental orders (e) Suspension of travel services rendered by transportation or accommodation facilities. (f) Provision of transportation services differs from the original schedule. (g) Necessary measures to ensure a participant's safety of life and body.
- Amendments related to the part of termination of travel contract based on the provisions of Article 6, 7, 8.
- Even if major changes occur in Tour Contract contents, Tokyo Gaijins shall not pay compensation if they are changes in the Final Details and the changes are within the scope of sercives states in the trip details and brochures.
- The maximum amount of amendment compensation payable by Tokyo Gaijins per person for one organized tour shall be up to 15% of the tour price. However, we shall not pay the amendment compensation if the total amount is less than 1,000JPY per person.
- We shall offer economic benefits or travel services equivalent to the amendment compensation in stead of cash payment if a participant agrees.
- When the responsibilities based on the provision of Article 9 is clarified after making payment of the amendment compensation in accordance with this article, we will pay the balance between the damage compensation payable by Tokyo Gaijins and the already paid amendment compensation.
Rate(%) per change
(except bus tours)
1. Change of tour departure or termination date
2. Change of tourist spots to enter and / or tourist facilities(including restaurants) or other destinations
3. Change in grade or equipment of transportation facilities to those of lower cost. (only when the total cost after the change becomes less than the already paid tour fare)
4. Change of the type of transportation facilities or the name of the operating company.
5. Change of domestic flight at the airport of tour commencement or different flight at the airport of tour termination stipulated in the contract documents.
6. Change of the categories or name of accommodation facilities.
7. Change of type of rooms at accommodation facilities, equipment, view or other conditions of rooms.
8. Amendment of items described in tour titles amended in item (1) through (7) above.
"Before the departure of tour" shall mean the time when we notify a participant of the aforementioned amendment by one day prior to the departure date of the tour, "after the departure of tour" shall mean the time when we notify a participant of the aforementioned amendment after the commencement date of the tour.
Even when the multiple amendments described in 4, 6 or 7 occur during one train, automobile, ship or vessel ride, or one overnight stay, they will be regarded as one amendment per one transportation and or one stay.
Amendment described in 8, only one rate shall apply to 8 without applying from 1 to 7.