Tokyo Gaijins Basketball Club
• Tokyo Gaijins organizes pick-up basketball sessions regularly on weekends and weeknights.
We play five-on-five indoor pickup basketball games at Minato-ku Labor and Welfare Hall and/or sometimes at Minato-ku Sports Center. We have a total of around 890 members/subscribers on our mailing list. 80% of the members are foreigners from all over the globe and about 20% are
Japanese. An average of around 20~25 players participate on weekends and 15~20
players on weeknights game including around 1~2 female players. We only organize upper-intermediate and competitive level pickup games. However, beginners and lower intermediate level players are welcome to join every session FREE OF CHARGE . You can shoot/run around on breaks but we will not let you join the pick-up games.
Come play hoops with us!
How to join:
• Read the membership, rules and guidelines carefully.
• Fill-up the membership form.
• Join the mailing list.
• Check upcoming games (may subject to change).
• Receive the "officiall session schedule" by email from the organizer.
• Read/follow carefully the instructions on the email.
• No need to sign up (unless requested), just show up, pay the fee to the person in-charge before the game, play and have fun.
Rules and guidelines:
• Kids are strictly prohibited.
• Shoes that you use to walk outside are not allowed. Indoor sneakers only.
• Smoking, eating and drinking alcoholic beverage are prohibited.
• No fighting or use of abusive words towards other players, and unnacceptable behaviours.
• The organizer and the person in-charge of the game reserves the right to cancel or reject your membership at anytime if you violate these guidelines.
• The fee is 1,500yen/session/player and it is collected on the court by the person in-charge before the start of the session.
• We don't charge any membership or cancellation fee but there's a very often case that the session will be overcrowded of players, resulting to limited amount of playing time, and we still charge you the same amount.
• The amount collected goes to pay for the court rent, team registration, non-refundable venue bond of 360,000yen (club money), transportation allowance, services rendered by the organizer, the person in-charge of the game, the person that books the court, twice a week early in the morning, and other miscellaneous expenses.
• Please be aware that we are PROVIDING SERVICE not doing business.
• We know that paying 1,500yen/session is a bit expensive just to play basketball, but this is the only way we can keep the club running.
Playing time guidelines:
• Maximum of 20 players for a 2~2.45 hours session and 25 players for a 3~3.45 hours session.
• Average time per pickup set is around 12 to 15 minutes.
• We play up to 7 points (win by 2 up to 9 points) depending on the no. of players waiting. If there are more than 5 players waiting then it will be 7 points straight.
• Everyone play the same amount of time (in theory).
• The person in-charge of the session is totally in control of the substitution of players.
• "King of the court" rule doesn't apply. However, winning team are always prioritized on every substitution.
• Take note that these schedules may change so please subscribe to the basketball mailing list to get the official schedule by email.